A lot of things have been said about Kerala, but it is very true that none of the words used to describe the region justifies its ethereal beauty and myriad opportunities. Kerala is known as God’s own country – not just because of the numerous temples which reverberates the whole ambiance with its soothing bells, but also because of the unending scenic beauty which brings you closer to god’s marvels. Some of the most popular tourist places in Kerala which are the gems of Kerala’s crowning glory are mentioned below.
1. Alleppey – Offering endless visual and soulful retreat, Alleppey is undoubtedly the most popular holiday places in India. Famous for its labyrinth of backwaters, this is the place to be. What once started as a sole means of transport within the region - houseboat has redefined itself into becoming a luxurious indulgence. Plan a holiday in Alleppey to enjoy a nonpareil stay in the houseboats during the night and enjoy cruising during the day.
|Photo Submitted by Ajayashish|
2. Munnar – Housing some of the most majestic forms of nature, Munnar is indeed a popular holiday destination in Kerala and a trip to Munnar will take you to the most picturesque regions of Kerala. Vast stretches of tea gardens with museums and hotels within, are a world in themselves. If you are interested in a calm and romantic holiday with a dash of heritage and adventure, then Munnar is the place to be.
|Photo Submitted by Nidhi Sharma|
3. Kumarakom – Kumarakom is a popular backwater as well as wildlife destination, and is a perfect place to sojourn. There is abundance of natural attractions that will keep the tourists happily engaged. So think no more, pack your bags and come to Kumarakom. Take Kumarakom tour packages or extend your holiday to Alleppey, either way the charm of Kumarakom is infectious.
|Photo Submitted by Manoj|
4. Wayanad – Another marvel of God’s nature, Wayanad is a perfect mix of nature, adventure, heritage and history. Travelers to Wayanad visit this destination during the monsoon when the natural beauty of Wayanad is at its zenith. An out-of-the-world experience one should not miss on their Wayanad tours is the chance to stay in tree house accommodations at Vythiri.
|Photo Submitted by Vikas|
5. Other Destinations – The magnanimity of Kerala is not restricted only to the above listed cities. There are too many offerings for the wildlife enthusiasts as well. There are Periyar and Thekkady holidays which will allow exploring the wild world of Kerala from proximity. Kovalam is the beach destination of Kerala while pilgrims visit Palakkad and Sabarimala to pay their reverence purify your soul. Kerala has it all!
|Photo Submitted by Mrinal|
If you want to test the limit of how much green can your eyes behold – then take up tours of Kerala to experience a never-before holiday. Kerala is indeed one of the most popular tourism circuits in India and one should not miss experiencing this heaven on earth.